Thursday, February 5, 2015

Shoot shoot shoot...

The call time for the day was set at 8 am. None of was woke up early enough to make it in time. On top of that the blog posts were all pending. Plus, the proceedings of the previous day were all very fresh in our minds. Soumee was unable to focus. She said the verbal brawl with Sreecheta last night got to her. I was a little groggy from all the sleep deprivation. I had to direct the dialogue sequence today I got the same sunken feeling in the pit of my stomach. I missed breakfast. So I got myself some sandwiches. I did not know when Mr. Tanmay came and sat next to us. I suddenly realise his presence and was embarrassed. I felt like as if was letting people down. Out of the guilt of not being decisive, I ask him what should we do now. He says its my call to make. Today I am the boss.

The Dean walks in all of a sudden. He had never met Mr. Tanmay. The Dean wanted to talk to him in private. They head to his office. Before Mr. Tanmay leaves he tells me I am supposed to shoot today. What the hell am I doing, feeling all stupid. Kirti and Jubaraj head out to fetch the camera. Jubaraj was my cameraman, Kirti was the sound recordist. We head to the studio. The empty set was kind of a jolt. Not waiting for any of my instructions, they all stared placing the props. It was already past 12. I was had to decide. I had to direct. But first I had to direct myself.

I tell them we should be finished with the propping by 2. And we'll roll the camera by 2.30. Ashok & Sumana were my actors. But I had not given them their lines yet. None of them had taken a look at the script even once. Because I was too embarrassed to make anyone read my script.

No comments:

Post a Comment