Monday, February 9, 2015

Soumee's shoot

I was acting today. Soumee was directing her dialogue exercise. I was excited about my role. Kirti was my counterpart. We rehearsed our lines a few times. Soumee was happy with that. We had lit the set only with practical lights till now. Mr. Tanmaypointed out we should be proud of the lighting we had achieved, that any cinematographer would be proud of such lighting. At the same time with the advent of digital technology photography in low lights has become much easier. It is quite difficult to use studio lights to simulate every single pattern that a night lamp creates. And he threw open the challenge to any student of cinematography who thinks he/she could simulate it with precision.


There was a close-up of me working on a laptop. Sumana, the cameraman for the day, was not happy with the light of the laptop screen on my face. It was not bright enough. Mr. Tanmay thought it was a good opportunity to let us experience how it is to work with studio lights. I was sitting on a chair, with the laptop on a table. The table had a cane lamp. In order to simulate the laptop screen, a 300W fresnel was placed on the table right behind the laptop. It was covered with blue gel. But I found it pretty difficult to keep my eyes open

No comments:

Post a Comment