Saturday, February 7, 2015

Sumana's Shoot...

Sumana was directing her dialogue sequnce. I was on the camera, Himel was recording the sound. Sumana was reworking her script when I met her last night. She said she would get back to me with the script. There was no news from her side til morning.

I met Soumee. Soumee had a talk with Sumana in the morning. Sumana needed the tea shop set up, the living room setup, and the bedroom setup. I had immediately understood that she has improvised. It is a completely different story she has thought of, probably after she woke up in the morning. I was prepared for a rushed shoot. It would be fun to shoot so many different spaces. But it would take a lot of planning, and proper effort.

When Sumana told me what she had thought of, I immediately started deciding on the shooting order. I pointed out to her which scenes she could do away with, so that we finish shooting the important ones. We quickly moved on to setting up the spaces. I had laid out a proper plan to them. There were five scenes. Sumana started working on the dialogue, quietly sitting in a corner. Ashok, Soumee and Himel were looking after the art. There was only one costume change for the characters. We would shoot three scenes first, then the costume change would happen. This gave me some time to think about the lights. I was growing greedy.

We had only practical lights at our disposal. We had moved from the working lights in the studio in my shoot, to practical lights in Himel's shoot. I was tempted to see the 2K's lined up on one side of the floor. The light boys were puzzled by the proceedings of the first two days of the shoot. They practically did not have to move. I asked them to put a kino, imitating the fluorescent light in the living room. And a 2K on the street for the neon street lamps. I had no idea what I was doing with the 2K, but I did not let others know about it.

We started rolling at 11.30. 

No comments:

Post a Comment